View Single Post
      10-27-2023, 06:59 PM   #6744
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
I have a question for the Medicare-eligible (65 and over) folks: How many are still working full time or part time?

With my military retirement and other income, I fully retired many years ago -- at age 48! I stayed semi-busy with home improvements and a small llama herd for some years, but now I've pretty much stopped the former (my swan song was a little shed I built for my wife's goats -- now gone -- five years ago) and the herd is down to three geriatric llamas now. Not much hard labor involved.
Work is a 4-letter word, unless you count sitting in the spa with a glass of your favorite beverage. Or, watching your groundskeeper manicure your yard. Or, watching your housekeepers shine your house.

I retired 12 years ago and started pulling SS immediately. My wife started pulling SS 2 years later. I was only in the US Army for 2 years and 8 months, but the benny there was I lived through it. We have 2 IRA's, my CalPers pension and health insurance, plus my small VA benny. All in all, we are very blessed.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615586.00
Llarry16773.00
3798j11660.50