View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 02:48 PM   #46
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
I think it's the way you said it. You literally said if you're not paying 1% or less then you're getting hosed. When realistically for the majority of vehicles that's not the case. EV's aren't selling right now, they have big incentives in general and they have a $7500 lease credit. You can literally pull out EV leases all day from nearly anyone and get super deals. Literally, 10k off 50k EV from multiple manufactures is very very easy right now.

The Wrangler example is no different than something like a Camery or Accord. They lose very little over 3 to 5 years and would probably fit into your window. Now on the flip side, show me more expensive ICE luxury brands that fit within your parameters.
That's why you don't lease luxury cars that have insane amounts of depreciation and horrible lease rates, you buy them used after someone else already took the bath on it or wait until the manufacturer has to heavily subsidize the lease/buy incentives to get rid of it. Or you can light your money on fire and be happy with that, which some people are fine with.

I don't think my point was difficult to understand - if the lease is over 1%, it's not a "good deal" in a financial sense. It might be a "good deal" relative to other deals on that same car, but that doesn't mean it's a good deal compared to the rest of the market.
Appreciate 1