View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 05:02 PM   #54
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
LOL. I love how people think unicorn deals posted on a site dedicated to penny-pinching lease nerds are the norm.
Heaven forbid someone would do a little research before dropping a pile of cash on a massively depreciating asset. Few people said "that can't be done" and then when I posted clear examples that it in fact can be done, the goalposts instantly moved lol.

Who said anything about "the norm"? The norm is getting screwed by paying $1700/month to lease a BMW. I try to not be "the norm" by finding the best deals possible, which usually means buying instead of leasing. Lighting $1700/month on fire to drive a BMW when you can get a nicer car for less seems insane to me but hey to each their own. Nothing particularly wrong with a BMW but $1700/month is exotic car territory.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, you used to be able to get an M4 CS for $700/month on $110k sticker with nothing paid up front. Now THAT is a good deal. Can't do that today, but that's also why I wouldn't lease one for whatever it costs now which is probably double that or more.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 11-21-2023 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0