View Single Post
      01-10-2024, 07:56 PM   #5
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
I can't see a post like that without putting in my own $.02 and ... a shameless plug lol. I did this review in my 30i. Not too many active people here have experience with both trims like I do.

BLUF: The car is great as a daily driver. Have I travelled very long distances? No not yet, but I have been in my car for HOURS as I often have to do errands and picking up the kid which is 40 minutes to civilization one way. So. I guess that should count. Have I driven to Houston? No. Have I driven to Fredericksburg? no.. not yet.

Top down: can you hear the music? Yes. Is it faint... yes. You're not going to be bumping to music on the high way with the top down. Even with the windows up, you'llhear it, you'll feel it, but unless you have it cranked, ... you're hearing road noise. You didn't get a convertible to put the top down to listen to music!

Top up: You can more than adequately hear the music and there is still quite a bit of road noise because the top is fabric, but more importantly, it's a sports car on performance tires. Especially with the M40i. If you get All seasons (which I did with my 30i, it's alot softer on the ears.)

Trunk space.. More than adequate for running errands. More than adequate to put in your carry on luggage. More than adequate for golf clubs and more than adequate for taking your kid or two to a practice.

Appreciate 2