View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 07:31 PM   #387
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Not trying to make the case that he isn't.

But you put Sainz in that second RB, a driver who is definitely better than Checo, and yes, you're looking at a case of two roosters in the hen house. Sainz will want to prove that he's the better driver, whether he is or not, and it's going to create fireworks.

The Max obsessed need to realize that Checo is really one of the best pairings for Max right now. Before the RB was by far and away the best car on the grid, Checo helped Max win races. He's one of three drivers in the past 2 years to win a race. He's pulled 2nd in 2/3 races so far this year, despite continuous issues with single lap speed. As much as he says he wants to be 1st, he knows that he won't be but he's happy where he's at. Alonso could work, because he'd fit in just like Checo.

As far as Ferrari, I think their current pairing is more electric than it will be with Ham. I foresee Ham coming in with tons of excitement, but he'll end up fitting in behind Charles.
I’ve said this before but I genuinely don’t think Sai would be any better off than Per in the RB. Sai has had much more competitive cars than Per has in his career and doesn’t have much to show for it. I think Sai would have an awfully hard time driving the RB in the same way Per does and would likely be a similar case to 2022/2023 where Sai tries to drive like Max but can’t cope with a car that pointy.
Let’s not forget that Sai prob had the faster car at Monza last year and Max played him like a fiddle pushing him to lock up into turn one. Other than that, Sai on most occasions hasn’t even been within viewing distance of Max in most races and the only races he’s won were when Max started P11 in Singapore and still managed to cut down the lead by 20 seconds at the end in 6 laps and when Max had the DNF last race. Despite Sai win last year and Lec not winning, Lec still beat him on points too. Sai is a solid driver but anyone thinking he’s even in the same league as Max is crazy. They have driven in nearly identical levels of competitive cars in their near equal amount of race starts yet the stats are stacked having to Max’s favor.
Appreciate 1