04-23-2024, 01:21 PM   #8
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisanoblueZ4 View Post
Unicorn status does not exist on the south east coast, see a Z4 every week down here….1 or 2 more on sale at Myrtle Beach BMW right now. Wish it were a little more rare here but then again compared to Corvettes/911’s/Ftypes/Mclarens the Z4 is one of the rarer sports cars that I see.

The true unicorn of Z4’s will be the manuals.
Low volume cars will tend to be more prevalent is certain areas due to weather, demographics, and dealer support.

There are 7 BMW dealers in a 50 mile radius of where I live. Watching the websites, they've all sold a fair number of Z4s. But I don't see many on the road--lots of BMWs, just not Z4s. But Corvettes are a dime a dozen around here. I see 911s and McLarens about once a week or so. Also see some Ferraris, Bentleys, and the occasional A-M or RR.

OTOH, when I was still working, I saw lots of exotics due to the fact the dealer was just around the block from my office. They sold RR, Bentley, McLaren, Aston-Martin, and Cadillac. The Alfa and Maserati dealer was across the street.