10-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
A lot of cars have to be seen in person to be appreciated though. I thought the 612 was ugly when it was debuted. Then I saw one in person soon after and thought it was great. Perfect for a family get-a-way car for the weekend, and everyday cruiser.

. . . Lambo's lost their true exotic character. . .
About the 612, I've seen a couple of em, including an all white one (white ext/white with black int). They're alright in my opinion. I think the lines are too soft and dated looking. The front end is also a bit of a pudge too. It's true though, almost all cars nowadays need to be seen in the flesh. So much of modern car design involves the play of light.

And I agree with your last statement too, but I'd like to refer to the Reventon. There's a car that shows that Lambo hasn't lost its soul to germanic stolidity just yet . Honestly, I think Lambo has benefitted from Audi to an extent. The LP640/560's are a mix of exotic proportions and calculated precision. I like how Audi improved the brand. However, I hope to god that Lambos never look like Audis. They're some of the least emotional designs out there.
Appreciate 0