footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
This comes from EVO mag.

They're still apparently very closely matched. I trust EVO more than others too.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/carg...o_x_fq330.html
I have to agree with you about EVO, they are as unbiased as they come. Though as with most other mags, the reviewers are won over by rwd chassis's ability to throw the tail and there is no doubt that the S4 can't match the 335 on either this kind of entertainment factor or ultimate balance from it's chassis.

But on the ability to cover ground it has the 335 comfortably lick, and I would lay money on that in the hands of anyone less than professional it would be mighty close to the M3 too.

After driving both the S4 and the 335i it's the Audi with the better engine, both musically and responsively, it's got more room, more practical in any condition and arguably the one with the better image and class. It's got DCT and it's works and it's got a LSD.

Honestly, the only reason for picking the 335i is the preference for the BMW brand and the love of a rear wheel drive chassis, but if neither these are a concern then the S4 IS the better car.
Appreciate 0