View Single Post
      10-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #194
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Ha. Sorry but sitting in an R8 is indeed like siting in almost any other Audi. It's not special at all. Everything is famliar. And yup, you're right. Im no pro-driver, a novice at best. I can only at best speak to turning around corners at 7/10s and ripping through freeway on ramps. At those momments, it felt like almost any other Audi Ive been in. If I used your logic, why pay 50k for a Audi when you can get a VW Passat that is almost identical mechanicially? I'll say it again, Audis are for metro-yuppies who want interior, and german styling. Road and Track compared a R8 V10 to a 430 Scuderia and said it wasnt even close. Even if they factored price into the equation So again I say it. The R8 is no comparison to a Ferrari. It's better matched against a Porsche 911. You obviously have a hard on for R8s, and thats cool. Its your e-peen.
This sounds reasonable to me. Not everyone who owns a supercar is a pro at the track. the R8 is highly regarded by some because it is a supercar that you can drive everyday, quiet, comfortable, and fast at the track. but as an all our supercar, it is not on the level of the f430 or scud including the look IMO. It looks beautiful, but too soft.

the interior is very similar in feel than those on the rs4, although the dash layout is completely different. I sat in one and didn't feel special at all.

i sat in the f430 and wow, the dash, leather, everything felt so special.
Appreciate 0