04-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #35
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
hey blake, i am thinking of getting a used gtr as my next car but since you have one i must ask:

1. could it be a good dd?
2. are all the maintainence stories, etc true as on the gtr forums, etc?
3. would you say the car is seriously overbuilt and with proper care, no track time, a daily driver, last 100k+ miles?

PS: it crazy how easy these cars are to mod, over in 6 speed im seeing some crazy setups of 1000 hp and the new asr carbon fiber roof is .

gl with your project, going to be sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I'm also curious about the DD part
1. why wouldn't it be a good DD? i plan on driving it daily. i might throw a little m3 in there to keep the fluids churning, but with a beast like that gt-r sitting in the driveway, why would i want to be in the m3 too often?
2. what stories? there are a few horror stories, but by in large, the car is just as reliable as any japanese car. you can spin and hype anything, but 99% of gt-r owners have problem-free driving, even with mods. if you're going to mod it, do all the supporting mods, too. the more you spend now, the less you'll spend later. goes with any car.
3. i don't see why you couldn't have occasional track time, daily drive, and the car not last 100k+ miles. again, with any car, if you're vigilant with the maintenance and upkeep, there's not a reason in the world why it won't last a long time.
Appreciate 0