is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Not really. I wish i was, but it's just not that difficult to hit that mileage on a road bike. To do that mileage at a higher average mph than i'm doing is when it gets more difficult. But I'm not fast either. I'm trying though. Unfortunately, all the people i know that bike are actual "beasts". My goal is a 1 hour 40k (roughly 25 miles holding 25mph). My current best is 1 hour 19 minutes. 1 hour 40k is a tall order for me, but all the people i ride with can do it in 1 hour, or better. But they've all been riding for at least 10 years. i've been at it since Dec 2015.

At my current weekly mileage, i'll be at 2000 miles by the end of June. After Montana (late July) i'm going to focus on getting faster, which will involve some lifting.

Are you running for cardio or doing something else?
Oh, well I'm obviously a bike noob. But that's almost no time, still good incremental increases, IMO. Stuff like that is just like resistance or weight training, to a degree. Obviously you won't just be able to hop on a bike and do 25mph consistently for an hour. Lol

And my cardio is interval training (including running). So I have three intensity levels, broken down into 1 minute: 30 seconds for initiating intensity levels, 15 seconds for the mid-tier modified set, and then the final 15 are the high impact/intensity set. Including running, I do Charlestown kicks, jacks, 3 in 1 push-ups, sumo jacks, ice skaters, plyo step backs, etc.
I take it all back. I'm fucking whooped. Lol

And yeah, I'm rounding up and calling that 50. Ain't nothing you can do to talk me out of it. Haha
Attached Images