View Single Post
      01-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #11
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Wow... I don’t think I’ve ever seen 2 cars compared on a track that were so close!
There have been many if you've seen many of these types of reviews or shootouts. Good drivers like Pobst are also incredibly skilled and consistent. When you have good drivers and equipment, it's amazing how consistent times can be and how little difference there is in the end.

The results were not too surprising, the current CTS-V has been out for a while and the E63 is a fresher redesign. The Merc is probably up on wheel-HP and low-end torque, as they tend to dyno close to their "rated" HP, rather than the other cars that usually use SAE crank-HP, and the turbos on those things are usually tuned for amazing flat curves that give peak TQ from ridiculous low RPMs, but the CTS-V is probably a little better chassis/tuned better from a suspension standpoint. Chevrolet learned how to make cars turn a few years ago and have been putting out world-class cars in terms of performance. Just the fact that you can compare a CTS-V with a E63 says a lot about how-far we have come. That said, I'd say the E63 is a little more impressive for doing it all with it's awd system and what that can do, but the CTS-V is not your grandmother's Cadillac. It goes. If they made a wagon version of the current, I would have gotten it. That was one badass wagon and again, a good example of what GM can do. We need manufacturers to stand up against the onslaught of the "practical" and do some of the "fun".