Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Hardly an eight year old version of it though, the latest release that isn't even a year old. Not my fault they're still using an 8 year old chassis.

I actually like Tesla, we'll probably get a Model Y next, but I won't try to tell anyone that it's as fast as any other car.
The point was that Tesla didn't design that car to be "fast" or to be out there winning 24 hour races.

It just happens to be very fast, so people are comparing it to...well...the only other fast EV sedan.

I just think people are comparing apples to oranges because they're both fruit. That's fine, but the grandstanding is a little funny.
I don't see it that way. Lots of people hear that Teslas are fast, but they don't realize the extremely narrow window of opportunity. Fully charged, 45 minute preheat, all of the right modes engaged, and can only do it two or three times. The Porsche is like an ICE car, push the pedal, get the same result, again and again. That's fundamentally different than the Tesla.

If a MacLaren 720s has to be fully fueled, have a heat pump running for 45 minutes and a lot of buttons pushed to do its magic, people would be calling shenanigans on it too.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
MmmmmM22588.50