United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
In reality it is. Have to disagree with you here. Been through all the GT games. Tracks are laser recorded to the exact T. Infact there are areas on the tracks that none of the GT games have had and the attention to detail is now there. The cars are more realistic so there is no clear BEST car. Its all about tuning, track conditions, class, weight, you name it. GT is like Call of Duty. So run and gun.

Don't get me wrong I am a PS3 owner and GT owner and have been for years. Forza has raised the bar.

The negative about it is the amount of tracks and cars at release. To me thats the only real negative.

I would recommend you log some serious hours on it and then come back to us.
I've logged serious hours into both games. In fact, I first bought my fanatec setup for Forza. I thought the same way you did. Forza looks, sounds, and plays much better than the GT series. That is until I started going to the track. Then I noticed how fake Forza felt. All of the "driving skills" I was learning at the track would not translate at all in the game. One day I went back and gave GT5 a try and was amazed at how everything I learned at the track translated surprisingly well in the game. The more I went to laguna seca, the more the same track in Forza didn't feel right. So I dumped that game and played a lot of LS in GT5. My car control and times started to improve significantly at the real track with all the time I was logging in GT5 in parallel.

So that's how I know GT5 is a much more realistic simulator. Driving back to back on the same race track in real life and in both games showed me which one was more realistic. But you are right about one thing. Forza has better presentation, sounds, car damage, and graphics. It really makes you think it is a far superior game and for many it probably is. But compared to real track time, GT5/6 is just better than Forza hands down. In the end, it's all about what you want in a game.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0