Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I've logged serious hours into both games. In fact, I first bought my fanatec setup for Forza. I thought the same way you did. Forza looks, sounds, and plays much better than the GT series. That is until I started going to the track. Then I noticed how fake Forza felt. All of the "driving skills" I was learning at the track would not translate at all in the game. One day I went back and gave GT5 a try and was amazed at how everything I learned at the track translated surprisingly well in the game. The more I went to laguna seca, the more the same track in Forza didn't feel right. So I dumped that game and played a lot of LS in GT5. My car control and times started to improve significantly at the real track with all the time I was logging in GT5 in parallel.

So that's how I know GT5 is a much more realistic simulator. Driving back to back on the same race track in real life and in both games showed me which one was more realistic. But you are right about one thing. Forza has better presentation, sounds, car damage, and graphics. It really makes you think it is a far superior game and for many it probably is. But compared to real track time, GT5/6 is just better than Forza hands down. In the end, it's all about what you want in a game.

Fair enough. In the end both are video games and we both can agree on that. You either like one or the other for what they offer.

I just played GT5 and Forza 5. GT5 has an old and outdated feel still and the cars are very easy to handle, thus me sticking with Forza 5 as the superior game. Forza is much harder to master cars and not so run and gun like GT. Whats funny is I felt like you last year with GT5. Not so much now…

Anyway..
Appreciate 0