12-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #36
drchuck72
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
LOL, I had a Golf in front of me that did that.

I'm liking GT6, but I'm not loving it. Doesn't feel like a whole new game, just feels like an extension of GT5. The exhaust audio is terrible. Graphics are pretty nice, but you can only imagine how amazing they would be on the PS4. I like the added touches to tracks, like a guy waving a checkered flag at the finish line. Birds and blimps flying in the air. Stuff like that is pretty cool to see. But besides that, this game makes you feel like it could have been so much better.

And we don't need pages of Mazda Miatas!!! Reduce the damn car count and improve the interiors and exhaust notes!
I agree. It isn't the quantum leap that GT5 was from GT4 (admittedly, a shift in platform didn't hurt). It's like I'm starting over again in GT5 with marginally better graphics and fewer opponents. Of course, now, when you start from the back of the field, you only have to overtake 5 other cars instead of 11.

Not really impressed with the car lineup either. The Honda Dealership is ridiculous.

On a side note, I replaced the Logitech G27 that came with my playseat with the Thrustmaster T500RS that I bought 3 years ago that I kept at the office. It really freshened up the playing experience on GT5 for me. I just ordered a Fanatec CSR wheel to use with my XBOX360 so I can make a more apples to apples comparison. I got the adapter so I can use my G27 pedals with the Fanatec Wheel.

After reading the commentary so far, I'll be interested to see how Forza feels with a steering wheel. Personally, I prefer the navigation on GT5. I just like to pick and choose my races. Sometimes I like to be like Seb and take a world beating car into a race and smoke everybody else. Yeah, I said it!