Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
Edit: yes, New London/Groton is a nice New England area for sure, plenty of clam shacks and antique shops to loaf around for an afternoon.

Do not go near the base just to see it, my front tire hit a painted line @ the entrance as I was making a 3 point turn (it's congested) and yes I messed up but a bunch of MAs (navy security) told me I needed to verify my self, let them check my truck etc. completely overblown as they seen i was just making a shitty U-Turn, they don't F around, I tried to joke, all the weapons are back in my basement as of this morning, that just pissed them off more because they now need to be more thorough.

thank god my wife was with me, she told the MP's she was raised on more bases than their Commanding Officer heard of and her b.u.b husband (me) is half retarted and completely dumb with his comments about weapons @ a military base.

The security lightened up with just Theresa talking and soon we were on our way, but I said a comment before leaving that pissed em off, 100 go down 50 couples come up!

My wife is my Swiss Army knife, she gets me out of jams for the past 20 years
I spent some time stationed at Groton, and your tale here seems so far out of the norm that I question the validity.

Not sure if there was more to the story, but the Groton gate security are generally pretty darn lax. Not to mention, MG is on the same road as the Nautilus museum and tons of tourist traffic is common place.

Not saying it didn't happen, just that there is probably more to the story or you had an EXTREMELY atypical experience.