07-17-2023, 11:35 PM   #6
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyr17 View Post
I'm not too concerned. They aren't check-engine codes so they don't show up on a standard OBD2 read. I have torque pro and it didn't show any faults. When I took it to the dealer in the spring they didn't tell me about any faults either. So either they neglected to tell me or they didn't check. I plan to get it appraised and get an offer from carvana or similar service to get a real starting point for trade-in negotiations. If the dealer doesn't give me a proper trade I'll sell it to the service.

BTW, I did an appraisal a couple months back thru one of those car buying services and it was much higher than the "proposed" trade-in value the dealer keeps sending me letters on. That "proposed" value is pure speculation so who knows what they'll actually offer. I'm happy there are options besides the dealer. I can use them as leverage.
I don't know how close you've been following, but resale values on Z4s have dropped significantly over the past six months or so as availability has slowly increased.
Appreciate 0