FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Debt - It’s not necessarily a question of what I think, it's a question of facts, financial professionals have collected a lot of data through formal research projects — I’m talking about a huge stockpile of statistics, facts and figures. And all that data shows debt is the biggest roadblock between people and wealth. I’m also a Christian. Having read the Bible, and what it says about money, I can tell you there’s not one place where it says debt is a good idea. As a matter of fact, the Bible says "The debtor is slave to the lender." and I cannot think of a more accurate description.

So, all that information leads me to one conclusion. Debt is not a positive thing. The only kind of debt I don’t beat people up over is mortgage debt, as long as it’s a 15-year, fixed-rate loan. Houses are wildly expensive, and I understand that most people can’t save up to buy a home with cash in a reasonable amount of time. Still, that doesn’t make mortgage debt a good thing.

Any kind of debt is a burden. It steals from your ability to save, build wealth, and be generous.
So you beat em up over a 30 yr? Seems like a few people here are confused about what 1% actually means in terms of 100%...
Appreciate 0