12-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #13
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Wanted to provide an update about the bootmod3 support:

Connected the ENET cable to my laptop and launched the OBD Agent. Connected and read my VIN, ROM, DME and software IDs perfectly. Went to get an OTS map and the list was blank. Contacted BM3 support and was informed that they have no OTS maps for the Z4 M40i currently, not do they have the tables loaded for their tuners to provide custom tunes. However, I think this is just an excuse because it reads my engine as B58-T0 which is the same as the Supra and M340i, as well as the same ROM version. I'm assuming they just don't have the app configured to assign the B58-T0 maps to the Z4 at this time. I know these maps are available for the Supra and M340i because you can search them before you register the vehicle to your account. Regretfully, there is no way to manually search for a map after you register the vehicle to the account. BM3 support said that they don't have an exact ETA for Z4 M40i support, but it will be sometime early next year (assuming January to March time frame).

Just amazes me that they don't have this configured to reflect the Supra/Z4 partnership when other tuners like MHD and Mission Performance offer OTS tunes for both vehicles utilizing the same maps.
2021 Model Y Performance
Appreciate 0