03-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #119
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Do you think it takes 24 hours to turn his mapping back up? I GUARANTEE he flicked the switch and had FULL power within milliseconds when he saw Seb coming. Fact is MW couldn't stand losing, after throwing everything he had at it.
Rosberg should have had the nuts to do the same. Now he's shown the world he's the #2 unequivocally. Look how long it took Massa to get his stones back.

I'm pissed at SV for apologizing too. You'd never see the likes of Prost or Senna doing that. But then again, this is today's F1 where actually having a 'character' is frowned upon.
Strong wording mate. You 'GUARANTEE'? Don't get me wrong you could well be right but no one can know, if I was to do some speculation I'd say Webber thought better of continuing the dog fight for the sake of keeping the chances of both cars taking each other out to a minimum. Webber could have run Seb off the track at the end of their little tussle but most likely would have copped a worse bollocking from management than Seb would due to the relationship that he has with them, but putting those things aside it is what it is.

I actually don't think Massa has grown any balls as you have suggested, he was just not driving to his full potential last session barring the back end when he picked up some form and/or became more comfortable with the balance of an other wise rubbish car (yes Fernando is still a better driver). This year is just a continuation of his form, he hasn't flicked Stefano the bird and indicated he is going all out for himself or anything.

Anyway respect your opinion and I do think Vettel is a better driver on the whole compared to Mark but in these circumstances with what information has become public he was not cool to do what he did and it wasn't necessarily because he was so much faster than Mark on the day. Mark I thought had good pace and was just playing by the books so to speak. Seb has indeed got character, he showed the ugly side of his today!