vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
Most of the OTA channels I would want are blocked by a tall noise wall next to my house. Do you think a (soon to be) Interstate exit sign would work as an antenna?
Attachment 2347698
Probably not, since it is grounded.

I would let the workers finish first, and then use a few C-clamps or carpenter's clamps over the top lip of the wall to hold a small square of plywood on the back side. Screw a J-pole satellite dish mount to the plywood, and try to keep it set back from the wall and as low as possible so that it doesn't attract any attention from the highway side.

If you have the stones to do an intrusive/permanent mount, leave off the clamps/plywood and just Tap-Con the J-pole mount directly into the wall using an impact drill. Personally, I would be afraid to tamper with the wall, since those pre-fab panels were built by the lowest bidder and I assume they used foam or honeycomb mesh sandwich core construction to keep weight down and further deaden the sound.....