10-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #217
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Yup. Hey while we're at it let's outlaw alcohol, no more drunk driving fatalities. Let's outlaw cell phones too, no more cell related vehicle fatalities. Let's restrict vehicles to 160HP, no more reckless driving. Let's outlaw tobaccos too, no more cancer!!! I mean the stupid ways of thinking with guns should also apply to all the other ways people have been killed. Since it's the item that's evil
Reminds me of the UK. Guns were banned, knife crime skyrocketed. Now they're in a bid to ban "pointy" knives. Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .
"The new “Save a Life — Surrender Your Knife” program is in full swing and police are telling us that they have joined forces with an already growing trend in the United Kingdom to ban “pointy” knives."

"They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon. The research is published in the British Medical Journal. The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all."

Last edited by PINeely; 10-26-2016 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0