View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 10:24 PM   #835
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Nice....that is similar to what I've been doing. My programming has me doing 4 weeks like you are, and then 4 weeks with higher reps at a lighter 1RM %.

Yesterday was conventional deadlift.....but 7 sets at 3 reps with 455lbs. When I pulled up my workout when I got to the gym, I almost had a cow!

The first few sets always go fine, then as fatigue kicks in.....you have to be extra careful. At that weight I pause between each rep. There were guys in there deadlifting 275 for reps......but bouncing the weight from the floor.

Momentum is good for some things, but that will just get you hurt the way they were doing it.
That’s some serious volume for DLs....nice! You absolutely need to use proper form and reset for each rep.

I see a lot of ppl, young/old bouncing DL reps. Makes me cringe. Even when I’m doing lower weights for high reps I’m under control and not bouncing using momentum.

I actually did a full workout of all EMOMs, DLs being one of them. 5 reps of 315 for 10 minutes. So total of 50 reps good muscle endurance/conditioning. And no bouncing!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00