View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #254
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
I work for a small fabrication company, where my role is CAD monkey, sales engineer, computer/network administrator, QC manager, problem solver, ideas guy, occasional CNC machinist, etc. Depends on the day, and who is ill or what has stopped working. Officially I'm a 'project engineer', whatever that means
Very similar positions. I'm a "Project Coordinator" which basically translates to Bester of Conundrums. The way I see it, I get paid for being resourceful and an out of the box thinker. When people look at problems so long, they can't see the simple fix, that's when I get called. My blue print manipulation is handled without CAD, (sadly, I use powerpoint, again resourceful, because work doesn't want to pay for another CAD license for me) I don't deal with sales anymore (although I do miss the mental chess game), dealing with IT and network admin stuff this morning installing new door access controls (MACs, IP's, and elbows deep in an MDF this morning), screw QC I want no part of it, I'm also our site's 5S/Lean Manufacturing Guru. I like to tell people I'm bald because of all the hats that I wear.
Appreciate 0