06-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #67
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
Giro and Specialized both make lace-up versions of their high end shoes now, I have the newer gen S-works Sub6 and it's surprisingly more roomy than the previous gens. I was skeptical of the performance though, I admit I mostly wanted them for the look, it's true I'm kind of a shoe geek at times. However, they work really well with distributing the lock down pressure and have been awesome.

Then for non-road, these arrived today in prep for some gravel stuff later this month.

The Giros looks good. Didn't even dawn on me that you'd want a different shoe for cyclocross.

Those specialized lace up shoes were very cool looking and i too went for them due to the fancy retro look. I still use specialized shoes for my mtn bike.

Due to foot width, i went with a pair of Bonts with a double boa system. I like them a lot. The wife just got her first pair of road shoes. She's be using Sidi Tri shoes for years now, so went back to them for a road shoe. They look pretty nice as well.