View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #32
Mjhyslop
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 frozen white e92M3

Garage List
2013 Bmw M3  [0.00]
I guess there's things to like and not like about the current NBA. I myself personally love it because it's by far the most talented it has been. The stars in the NBA have always been great but the 6th-10th guy in the rotation of an NBA to is far better than what magic or Jordan faced or had on their teams. I get why people don't like how rough or rugged the sport is compared to what it used to be. My only displeasure with the nba is how many flagrant fouls they call even when completely unintentional. I agree with the league seeming kind of sucky in the mid to late 2000s where it seemed slow with defensive teams like the spurs and Detroit at the time. To the OP though NFL NBA are softer than they use to be as they have implemented rules for player safety. Athletes have gotten larger and more athletic than they used to be as a whole. Although it's bad ass to look at a clip of a common foul where Kurt Rambis gets tossed to the ground by Kevin McHale this would fuck up a lot of players if they continued to allow that style of play. I think we will continue to see all sports trend towards athletes health and having rules to protect them even at the cost of fans entertainment whether people like it or not.
Appreciate 0