06-15-2020, 10:06 PM   #36
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo95se View Post
$1000 is my goal. The trail is a mountain bike yes? Any issues on the road with it? Noise? Too slow? Also how much trail can it handle? Dirt roads? Our trails in CT are mixed gravel and dirt sections and I’d like something the misses (this is a dual purchase) will be confident on. Thanks man!
Yes, the Trail is a mountain bike. No issues on the road, it is great. No noise other than normal bike riding (good) noise. Not too slow. It handles any trail I would want to ride on, from fine crushed stone to moderate slope/rock/roots. I lived in CT (Stonington) for a year and am familiar with roads in central and eastern CT. No issue in my view.

Does dual purchase mean you are buying two bikes of the same model, or one bike shared between the two of you? Sharing a bike seems challenging because of body size difference. My wife and I bought Cannondales at the same time, and she got the Quick and I got the Trail. Both of us are satisfied. The Quick is a road bike without dropped handlebars. Two weeks ago I gave my daughter a Quick CX, which is a female model of the Trail. The Quick CX has a front shock fork, the Quick has a solid front fork.

A possible combination for you and your wife is either two Trails, or a Trail for you and a Quick CX for her. Both of you would then have a bike with front shocks and disk brakes.
Appreciate 0