06-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #37
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3, '15 F15 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Yes, the Trail is a mountain bike. No issues on the road, it is great. No noise other than normal bike riding (good) noise. Not too slow. It handles any trail I would want to ride on, from fine crushed stone to moderate slope/rock/roots. I lived in CT (Stonington) for a year and am familiar with roads in central and eastern CT. No issue in my view.

Does dual purchase mean you are buying two bikes of the same model, or one bike shared between the two of you? Sharing a bike seems challenging because of body size difference. My wife and I bought Cannondales at the same time, and she got the Quick and I got the Trail. Both of us are satisfied. The Quick is a road bike without dropped handlebars. Two weeks ago I gave my daughter a Quick CX, which is a female model of the Trail. The Quick CX has a front shock fork, the Quick has a solid front fork.

A possible combination for you and your wife is either two Trails, or a Trail for you and a Quick CX for her. Both of you would then have a bike with front shocks and disk brakes.
youre the man, thanks! funny that you have CT experience
it would be two bikes. i got her a road bike, she grew out of it, then we upgraded. then, she decided she doesnt like it. so now, i want to see if she will be comfy on an SUV

i like the idea of giving her something'faster' than what i would have, but my goal is stability over anything else
Appreciate 0