View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
backhill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 2015 Sierra HD

Something I can sink my teeth into! I've been golfing since I was a child. Now I have a child so the golfing and HC have suffered a bit. I use the 18birdies app only because I can add my friends and keep their scores in easily and see GPS.

Whats In The Bag:
Taylormade Sim Max with Velocore Ventus Blue 6X Shaft - 9 degree turned up to 10.5
Taylormade Sim Ti 5w with 3w length Diamana Blueboard 7x - 19 degree turned down to 17 degrees. It's effectively a long-shafted 4w as a 3w is too long for me and too similar to driver off the tee. I went with the 5w head because turning it down from 19 to 17 (vs a 3w turning up from 15 to 17) opens the face to help fade.
Callaway Apex 19 20 degree hybrid with Graphite Design AD DI 95 S shaft.
Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW with KBS C-Taper 120 S shafts (bent 1 deg flat toe in the longer irons progressing to 2 deg in 8-PW)
Titleist SM5 50 deg gap wedge
Titleist SM7 54 and 60 deg SW and LW (The 60 is for short-sided chipping where I need to open it and throw the ball straight up)
GolfPride MCC +4 Grips from Driver to LW
2006 PING Redwood Anser with a P58 Blackout Grip
Snell MTB-X ball
Bushnell V4 with Slope

I tinker a lot so the woods and putters change frequently. The Ping putter is old faithful but I 2 other Scottys and just sold my Spider X. I think this driver is here to stay for a while. It's a complete piss-missile with that head and shaft combo. The 3w is my first big change in 6 years. It was just too good with dispersion.
Appreciate 1