12-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #250
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWM3 View Post
M3 never got LCI front treatments if I remember correctly. Only Tail lights.

That's true for E46 and E90/92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
It is stated in OP under "Update 3/19/14"

If that's true sucks for all those insanely obsessed with LCI's and generally good for all M3/4 owners. The addition of rear LED doesn't constitute a LCI IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I think that's just semantics. The M3 and M4 won't get the full LCI that the F30 and F32 get because most of the changes that happen during the refresh are in the front and rear bumpers, and BMW isn't going to change those on the M cars. That's always been the case. But the M3 and M4 will get the F30 LCI taillight changes.

The big question is whether or not they'll get the F32 headlight changes a year later. That would mean a second LCI for the M3 and M4, which BMW might not want to mess with. But if the overall shape of the F32 LCI headlight housings don't change (like they did with the E92 LCI housings), people can just retrofit them onto their M3s and M4s, I suppose.
While the E46 and E90 M3 didn't receive total LCI treatment, they both did receive updates to their rear tailights and other features. With the F10 M5 receiving the same LCI updates as the 5 series, I'd assume the new procedural for LCI's will be to apply that evenly across the non-M and M line. M3 will get LCI with 3 series in summer of 2015, M4 will get LCI with 4 series in summer of 2016 I think (after 3 model years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
BMW has such poor names for their options. "Comfort access" sounds like something for a person with diarrhea. But I suspect "6U8 BMW gesture control" is fairly straightforward and will prevent this:

Lol sad but true. BMW's methodology for packages/option delivery is so confusing, let's not get started on the naming convention.
Appreciate 0