View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 10:28 PM   #8
soulcrft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Sakhir Orange ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Obviously I like living in Florida and lived in Miami from 1986 - 2002. I am now about 75 miles North and drive down to Miami for business at least a couple of days a month. I used to go down more frequently, but the drive has gotten much worse over the years. Not sure if there is a specific company you are thinking about but there are many other places to live in FL aside from Miami. Miami was great when I was in my 20s but now in my 50s I would not want to live there mainly due to congestion, but also due to costs. Personally, I would not own a nice car if I lived in Miami.

CA is not for me from a political, tax or cost perspective. I like to visit CA but will never live there. Miami is a blue city with red pockets, but in a different league from CA as a whole, particularly L.A. and S.F.

However, this is your choice, not our’s. What is your rent or home purchase budget? Miami is expensive for FL but again nothing compared to LA / San Diego. That may be a pretty important factor because I wouldn’t want to live in CA on a FL budget (even if I wanted to live in CA). Where in the city do you want to live? What type of commute are you willing to tolerate?

Completely agree here. I'm still in Miami but growing tired of it. Actually, I am tired of it. I enjoyed the Miami 20 years ago when homes had nice green lawns up front. It's just become congested. Construction doesn't stop. You're paying $500k for a home that has a kitchen built in the 70's. I can go on. Also, and this may be my own personal encounters but I find people have become way more nasty and rude. I don't know. Maybe just my experience.

Love CA but wouldn't want to live there.

Last edited by soulcrft; 10-27-2019 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410880.50
ASAP10054.00