United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Ultimately I'm not sure it matters

Car was in their possession and they crashed it

Its their fault and their responsibility to make restitution

NOW.....with that said....what will the impact of having a significant repair on the permanent record of the car?

Loss in value?

I know a corvette owner that was in a similar situation and they stated that the dealership just ruined the resale value of the car and told the dealership they own it now as a result of their negligence and they were paid out on pre-accident value of the vehicle

If you're going to involve the courts then that data could/would help to bolster your case, particularly if speed limit was exceeded, data showed reckless driving/etc (Gross Negligence)
X2. Figuring out what they were doing seems pointless, you left the car with them and it is now damaged.

Someone ran into my previous car while at the dealer (random person driving behind the dealership, where they shouldn't have been), wasn't dealers fault but they were responsible for it while at their place. They had the car fixed, didn't involve insurance and it wasn't reported to anyone so Carfax was clean and car was ultimately better than I left it as they fixed both the rear fender and repainted the bumper which has some light scratches on it. I thought they did what was needed to rectify the situation.