View Single Post
      08-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #3544
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
I have the skill/training that I feel I would draw/chamber a round faster than any person infringing on my safety and my life.
I understand 100% what you are saying. And in the past I did that. In the interim I got my certificate to teach basic pistol and took two more intermediate courses (SD)and for the past almost 4 years I average 7 private lessons per year (cheap-75 bucks) in a Law Enforcement Center.

The chances of needing to draw very quickly are almost nill..if someone has a bead on you , you would want to run around (harder target) and get your firearm out. This scenario limits you with no round in the chamber.

First the likelihood of a misfeed in a nervous situation is much higher.

But More importantly:

You lose the secrecy. Your most dangerous time is when you are in a restaurant eating. In this case you slowly and secretly draw your firearm and position it so you can get a shot off almost instantly. Racking and needing to let the slide forward and you lose the edge.

If you carry you need to think of conditions where you might need it. What I have mentioned is the biggest threat time. My instructor and I have spent time prepping these things.

The moon will fall out of the sky before a safetylless glock goes off without your finger on the trigger.

How do think you could get in trouble with one in the pipe? Again I am not looking for an argument. :cheers:
Appreciate 1