View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #8
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I was raised in the 90's, I'm fine with teck it's been around me my whole life but auto pilot cars, self parking and rear view cam I can't deal with, I personally feel more comfortable doing it my self.

The emergency stop features that manufactures are starting to implement I think are great to prevent those stop n go mini accidents I see every morning driving on mass pike during morning rush, lane departure warning not for me but I want my kids to use it etc.

This feature of parking in a tight space is cool but like salty dog said what about the other car? I dunno? I think it's best use would be for tight (single) car parking spaces, those I see all over my city, old cramped garages built for small cars not f150 crew cabs, good teck coming our way for sure
I learned to drive on a stick with no power steering or brakes. You learned the basics and how to parallel park....I sit on my front porch and watch the tourists get out of the passenger seat to guide the drivers when parallel parking.....makes me laugh. One EMP and about 80% of the population is going to choke to death on their own saliva.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00