03-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #221
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'm not a cat fan. I was extremely allergic my entire life. Emergency room allergic. When I first started dating my Sweetie, I was not a happy camper when I found out about Oscar. At first Oscar would be put in the basement or locked in one of the bedrooms when I visited. I would be extremely careful and put my clothes directly in the washing machine when I got home for fear of having a cat hair on my clothes and cross contaminating my house. My Sweetie is a neat freak so he always had air filters going in every room. No fabric anywhere, all hardwood and tile floors. Much to my surprise, I never had a reaction.

Fast forward, we bought a house together. I can't tell you how much I stressed over living in the house with a cat. There is a gate on the bedroom door and I do take precautions. So far so good, but I won't touch him and I'm still extremely careful. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as only being allergic to certain cats, or if it's because of all the air filters, no rugs and keeping the tile and wood floors clean.

Anyway, He is a freakin riot. I feel bad - he doesn't understand why I can't touch him. And that is his couch. He is allowed on a small section of my couch that is covered with a towel.

Attachment 2012596
If you haven't had a reaction from living in the same place, I'm pretty sure you're good. Try petting him and you'll know for sure.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50