View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

So my problem is if/when I buy an EV I'd have to charge it over at my work shop where I have electricity out in the compound away from the house, which is a good minute and a half walk. Add in the 30 secs to a minute it takes to plug in (I'd keep the charger inside the shop and open the sliding barn door to fish the cable out) and that's about the same time I take to recharge my ICE at the gas station. I need a range of at least 175 miles a day, so I'd have to charge every day, so that's 4 minutes a day vs. 5 minutes every other day for my ICE BMW. Then there is the 1 and a half minute walk in the rain I'd occasionally need to do (it get's kinda muddy around here), where as the gas station is covered over the recharging station.

Hummmm....
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1