General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
That's why Bas Rutten said BJJ will never work out right in a bar fight. There's always people coming from behind or around you trying to get some licks in.
Yes, but you are not always fighting in a bar or against multiple opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
I trained for over 20 years in American Combat Karate (ACK) and became a senior instructor (Shihan). It's an ecclectic system geared toward street fighting & self-defense that was derived from several Asian arts and made very effective by eliminating the bullshit. It's probably 80% stand-up; 20% Grappling. Kind of exclusive to the East Coast though.
How much live sparring do you guys do? How does it work? Do you have a video of you sparring sections online anywhere? All I could find were cheesy ones where you guys are breaking bricks and stuff like that. Is it point fighting? What do you guys do in sparring sessions?

Quote:
I believe there are many systems that can work great for self defense as long as the instructor has had some real fight experience and not tournament trophies. It may sound crazy but, most black belts in ACK had to gain experience by bouncing at a bar/club a few times. You then learn real fast, the difference between what works and "post-card technique." Meaning, "Send me a post card if you ever pull a bullshit technique like that off in a fight!" Post card tehniques are obviously those moves that are constantly practiced in the dojo that could never work in a street scenario.
Sounds like a bunch of marketing bs. Bouncing at a club? Seriously?

lol

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0