08-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #21
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
To the OP I think the Golf will be fine. If you are really interested stop by a VW dealer and there is likely to be one in the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Do yourself a favor. Most cars I've rented are set to English but double check and have them switch at the airport before you leave with the car. Nav in German isn't much fun, except for the juvenile bathroom humor of ausfart.
Wife and I got back from Croatia recently and Verizon and AT&T both put us on our standard U.S. plan for $10 a day. Then we just used our phones for everything, far better than any aftermarket or built in GPS (and they threw in their GPS for free).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Trains have tons of room. That's what I use almost exclusively when in Europe
We did a spreadsheet on cost for buses, trains, and cars. Trains and cars cost almost the same so we're thinking car is the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
To the OP I think the Golf will be fine. If you are really interested stop by a VW dealer and there is likely to be one in the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Do yourself a favor. Most cars I've rented are set to English but double check and have them switch at the airport before you leave with the car. Nav in German isn't much fun, except for the juvenile bathroom humor of ausfart.
Wife and I got back from Croatia recently and Verizon and AT&T both put us on our standard U.S. plan for $10 a day. Then we just used our phones for everything, far better than any aftermarket or built in GPS (and they threw in their GPS for free).
Thanks for confirming. I was thinking the same. Would have stopped by today but there's no VW dealer at the nearest Auto Mall (surprisingly). Will stop by tomorrow when I pick up my car from BMW service.

As for data, we have TMOBILE and it offers free, unlimited 4G data in all the countries we'll be in. Planning on using our phones for navigation and such. Only thing that'll cost $ are calls, but we will use Viber or FT or WhatsApp if needed.
Appreciate 0