View Single Post
      10-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #77
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (comp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasInMN View Post
Just an update, because I hadn't heard any news lately, and my dealer was also waiting for updates. I just got a service message this morning that popped up on my iDrive that officially states my car's Assist will be unsupported as of 1/1/2017. It directed me to visit bmwassistoffer.com for details. Visiting that page, it offered four options: 1) a $300 BMW lifestyle/accessories voucher for in-center purchases AND deactivation of existing technology; 2) $200 BMW visa gift card AND deactivation; 3) RETROFIT VEHICLE WITH UPDATED CELLULAR TECHNOLOGY; 4) I no longer own the vehicle. I selected the retrofit option, and it walked me through several pages to send them personal details, and the final page said I'd receive an email with further directions. Not sure what happens next, but at least something is happening. Hope to have this done soon. I've attached screenshots of the pages.
I own a 2013 135is, and got the same message this morning. I selected the retrofit option too, and I emailed customer service since I wasn't sure what the cost would be (I saw that the renewed subscription costs $200, but it didn't mention anything about hardware upgrade). Hopefully the cost isn't too prohibitive -- I still need to pony up some cash to buy an extended warranty!
Appreciate 0