04-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #16
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
If you own one of those pre nanny cars and drive it regularly, I don't see your skills deteriorating. With that said if you don't or have never driven one without nanny's then I wouldn't exactly trust that person to drive pre nanny cars. My brother had an 1982 325 and would never take it out when it rained. First time he did was the last time he did. Those cars are/were dangerous unless you had some skills.

I agree that today we rely on the nannies especially if you started driving post nannies. Could you imagine someone who grew up with the safety features of today, and let them drive a 1982 325. They'd crash in minutes, especially if it was raining. Turning off all safety features today is still not like it was back then.
LOL. Oh please! The E21 was an excellent handling car in the dry or in the rain; even on 1982 circa tires. We all got around just as fast and safe in 1982 in the rain in our BMWs as we do today. LOL.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0