View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
sanfordrich
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Tires and Z4 M40i when it's cold

I am considering ordering a 2020 BMW Z4 m40i. It appears to me I can only order this car with performance non run flat tires. I think “performance” means summer only tires. I live in the mountains of Colorado where it can get around freezing for most of the months of the year. I don’t know a lot about tires except I am pretty sure one is not supposed to use summer only tires when temperatures get around freezing or below. I don’t plan to use this car in the dead of winter; however, I am concerned about being able to drive it when temperatures are freezing or less. Does anyone know if this car can be ordered with all season tires? Would one want to drive this car with all season tires? I test drove it the other day and loved the driving experience and design. Obviously, I don’t want to purchase a car I can’t drive because it is too cold. I can’t believe BMW would sell a car one can’t drive when it’s too cold because of the tires, but that seems to be the case. The only tires available at Tire Rack were performance tires and I assume that means summer only. What about this do I not understand?
Appreciate 0