United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I hear you on irobot, it definitely brings doubt about the safety of this tech. As far as hackers, the general way that software prevents those incidents is to not expose any of the commands that control critical safety (like steering wheel control, brakes, cameras) to wireless communication systems (Bluetooth, wifi, satellite, telephone etc) and have them strictly controlled by onboard computers. It is not perfect, but it is an important aspect giving some people confidence. It is the reason that Tesla confidently conducts hackathons with the reward for finding bugs - because they have reviewed that they have internalized the critical safety systems. It will definitely take awhile to convince the masses that this is sufficient, no doubt
Won't convince me, the infrastructure's still there, all they have to do is tamper w your car and hook it up for remote control.
Valid point. The insider engineers of these companies are themselves a risk for hacking bc they have such a powerful knowledge of the cars
Appreciate 0