Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Interesting.

This is the most material info I found in the article:

{
The report citing a whistleblower who alleged Boeing officials encouraged test pilots to "remember, get right on that pickle switch" prior to the exercise that resulted in pilot reaction in approximately four seconds, while another pilot in a separate test reacted in approximately 16 seconds.

The account was corroborated during an FAA staff interview, the committee added
}

To me it implies that in the dangerous scenario, reacting in 4 seconds saves lives, reacting in 16 seconds is catastrophic. Do you want to fly in an airplane that is that specific? And to tie it back to autonomous cars, do you want a car that would be that specific?

The consumers and the regulars shall decide
So if we are to believe the FAA is in cahoots with Boeing to place the flying public in a mechanically deficient aircraft, how will the DOT collude with GM et.al. when said private companies have invested tens-of-billions in driverless car service technologies?
To be determined.

Also, DOT doesnt need to be in cahoots with GM, tesla, etc. they just need to be behind the ball on deep machine leaning technology (which they are).

Also, we must be careful not to overweight the argument that because a certain car has less accidents than another it is overall safer and better for the public. This has been the Tesla argument for less regulation of autonomous tech since the beginning. There are other factors to consider.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17205.00