View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #22
whitstap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 f80 m3

Damn I just finished watching the race as I recorded it...great stuff happy for Perez for sure and Ocon as well...to me the short track and track position (as it’s obviously very hard to follow in an F1 car) along with all the other curveballs that came (three of the quickest drivers/cars HAM, VER, LEC being out if it from the beginning) made the race...RUS drove hard and showed a lot of poise and racecracft (exhibiting how important it is to be decisive, make passes and either run to a pace or make passes) but most of all it showed how fine the line is at the highest level in any sport, more less one where the athlete relies on the team and machine so much... Mercedes team looked like they were starting all over again w/ some of their moves but strategy and those decisions are integral w/ engineering a fast car...obviously they did not need to double pit as those behind had nothing for them but it sure made it that much more interesting, exactly what has been lacking in F1...plenty to celebrate mostly that GRO is alive and well, after that an exciting race... sorry that we missed out on a throw down with the young guns (VER, LEC, RUS) and then the inevitable finishing duel b/w PER and RUS but you can’t have it all
Appreciate 0