01-15-2015, 02:24 AM   #177
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbon7000 View Post
I was a heavy weed smoker for 17 years of my life, from 16 until 33. I love weed, I love smoking weed, I love the chilled feeling of being stoned, I basically love almost everything about weed. My attitude wasn't so great though, I had a short fuse and was very arrogant about my views and opinions, plus it made me very lazy. I stopped smoking due to my daughter being born, i went cold turkey, It was hard, I had constant thoughts of having a joint for 9 months, the slightest bit of stress in my life and i wanted a smoke.

Since quitting i seem to be a lot more chilled out with life. I have more energy. sleeping is not so good, I lay awake most nights. But the biggest effect i can see in myself from long term weed smoking is my short term memory. I cant remember shit, which really does annoy me. Everything has to be written down, I have list upon list.

Despite all of that i still miss weed. What i've done for the last 4-5 years is once or twice a year, jump on a flight to Amsterdam, 3 days, 2 nights and get hammered. Thats seems to satisfy my needs.

I hear you. I've been smoking for a good 16 years now but I wouldn't consider myself a pothead. Just a casual one with a buddy maybe once a week and talk about nonsense. It's either that or drink and we all know what drinking is all about. I do feel that my short term memory isn't that great especially with names but it doesn't really affect my day to day as a business owner, husband and a father.

I wouldn't say that I love weed but I do prefer it over drinking as I get older and hangovers tend to last 1-2 days. What I do love are the conversations that takes place and the sudden appreciation of small things around us when I'm smoking with a friend or two. Mix it up with a couple shots of vodka and the night is as good as it can get.

Hit up a fatty last night and will probably spark another one tonight.