09-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #509
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
All of my house wiring is in conduit so I'm not worried about that. I may do some romex out of laziness just to get some additional outlets w/o having to anchor 2x4's to the foundation walls (until I plan out how I want to finish the basement). Not too worried about romex and paint either, just the low voltage stuff.

However, I have Cat6, RG6, and other low voltage are coming in from different points and converging in certain areas. Knowing me, I'll want to re-arrange some of the wiring at some point so I'm not sure if the paint will flake off and leave a mess or if some of the chems in the paint will have an effect on the outer jackets (I have horrible luck lol). I was thinking of maybe a solid cable trough or something. It'd also help protect the cabling from unwanted interference although the blue Cat6 jacket would look cool against the black background.

Still, though, I'm interested in any lessons learned about tarping/masking that you run into. The job can get quite messy, quite quickly.
as a previous Building Inspector most will run long strands of PVC piping and run all their communications data through that. looks clean. as far as painting I picked up large sheets of plastic I think 9x20? and i'll shoot the ceiling first wait til that dries completely than mask the ceiling probably 6'-8' off the wall just so I don't get overspray going into the ceiling that's now black
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
bosstones1154.00