View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #30
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Maybe you should be mechanic for side hustle lol make it look easy. My car has 36k warranty on it still. The problems you mentioned im guessing isnt covered right if it happened to me or does it?

I should get familiar with my car more and start learning how to fox things on my own. This party parts on bmw can be hard to find. Oem is quite pricey. Then the labor charges lol. Of course knew this before getting one and was hoping ill be lucky one to have it long time without much issue

Did you get your x5 at certain miles? And no carfaxx issues
Actually BMW has an extended warranty for most of the stuff I replaced up to 125K. I picked it up right when it had 100K, super cheap as nobody wants a high mileage N63 lol. I didnt know about the warranty when I did mine...=(

Protip: Remove you engine cover, remove the rear partition rubber seal, trim your rear rain deflectors 1/2 inch to allow some hot air to escape the engine compartment (only a half inch, 1inch tops no more), drive only freeway if possible, avoid stop and go traffic like the plague. You will literally get double the miles out of your engine plastic and rubber bits (CCV lines, vacuum lines, etc). ALL N63 issues are because of the piss poor thermal management of the engine compartment. High temps = plastic and rubber wear out really fast.
Appreciate 0