11-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #213
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I have PTSD from rather traumatic experience that occurred a few years ago. Went to therapy and the nut jobs there tried to tell me I was bipolar, not the case at all. They put me on all kinds of meds and they seriously fucked me up mentally. The last therapy session I went to, the counselor mentioned off record that she has patients that have experimented with marijuana with great results so I started smoking....again. The difference was night and day. I stopped the anti-depressants cold turkey (not advised, this is sketchy as hell) and went to just smoking pot. Everything turned around with in a just a few weeks but I believe that most of that time frame was allowing my brain to get back to normal functioning mode from the constant changing of my meds that they prescribed.

Currently I am not smoking because work has started doing random testing and medical use has not been set forth in the state that reside in. I'm back to having breakdowns in the middle of the day at work and nightmares on average 3-5 times a week. The nightmares are no joke. There have been times that I have woke up in the floor punching the floor with everything I have, luckily I haven't broken any bones in my hand yet. Thankfully the current girlfriend understands what I deal with and doesn't judge me or freaks out when I have episodes late at night while she is staying the night, but I can imagine how unnerving it is.

I really wish there was a way that I could smoke without the fear of losing my job as I am a highly functioning user. It actually makes me focus more and I feel like I am more productive with it than without; not to mention I am able to sleep.
yea cold turkey off of AD's is rough. i'm glad you pulled through it though. thats mental toughness right there, straight up.

that being said, yea with regards to employment, its such a complex thing. its like on one hand, companies should have the right to set their own drug policies with their employees. on the other, its time the country acknowledge the clear and obvious medical benefits for people who use it for specific reasons.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00