Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
I burn all the time, but i'm not gonna pretend its not mainly for getting baked and watching martial arts movies after i put the kids to bed.

that being said, i have PTSD from combat, and while its not bad, smoking weed certainly helps me sleep a lot better than the pills do. i hate all the meds they throw at us vets, and it really makes you feel like a different person. so i decided to just try smoking weed, and its helped with sleep and just not being/feeling stressed out all the time.

however, im not gonna pretend like its just some miracle drug. smoking is still bad for your lungs no matter what you are smoking. it might not have the high cancer risk associated with smoking like cigarettes do, but we do need a lot more research that studies long term impacts with moderate to heavy smokers.

BUT, thats also due to the fact that a lot of people smoke weed mixed with tobacco a lot, like blunts. i smoke out of straight glass, or Raw paper cones. i don't smoke tobacco at all, never have in my life, other than trying it when i was a teen.

i will say that it also doesn't impact anything else i do. im still go beast mode in the gym, active with the family, walks with the dogs, blah blah blah. hasn't made me lazy whatsoever, unless im actively baked of course.

but its not a one size fits all so i understand why some rather not touch it.
I have PTSD from rather traumatic experience that occurred a few years ago. Went to therapy and the nut jobs there tried to tell me I was bipolar, not the case at all. They put me on all kinds of meds and they seriously fucked me up mentally. The last therapy session I went to, the counselor mentioned off record that she has patients that have experimented with marijuana with great results so I started smoking....again. The difference was night and day. I stopped the anti-depressants cold turkey (not advised, this is sketchy as hell) and went to just smoking pot. Everything turned around with in a just a few weeks but I believe that most of that time frame was allowing my brain to get back to normal functioning mode from the constant changing of my meds that they prescribed.

Currently I am not smoking because work has started doing random testing and medical use has not been set forth in the state that reside in. I'm back to having breakdowns in the middle of the day at work and nightmares on average 3-5 times a week. The nightmares are no joke. There have been times that I have woke up in the floor punching the floor with everything I have, luckily I haven't broken any bones in my hand yet. Thankfully the current girlfriend understands what I deal with and doesn't judge me or freaks out when I have episodes late at night while she is staying the night, but I can imagine how unnerving it is.

I really wish there was a way that I could smoke without the fear of losing my job as I am a highly functioning user. It actually makes me focus more and I feel like I am more productive with it than without; not to mention I am able to sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
I burn all the time, but i'm not gonna pretend its not mainly for getting baked and watching martial arts movies after i put the kids to bed.

that being said, i have PTSD from combat, and while its not bad, smoking weed certainly helps me sleep a lot better than the pills do. i hate all the meds they throw at us vets, and it really makes you feel like a different person. so i decided to just try smoking weed, and its helped with sleep and just not being/feeling stressed out all the time.

however, im not gonna pretend like its just some miracle drug. smoking is still bad for your lungs no matter what you are smoking. it might not have the high cancer risk associated with smoking like cigarettes do, but we do need a lot more research that studies long term impacts with moderate to heavy smokers.

BUT, thats also due to the fact that a lot of people smoke weed mixed with tobacco a lot, like blunts. i smoke out of straight glass, or Raw paper cones. i don't smoke tobacco at all, never have in my life, other than trying it when i was a teen.

i will say that it also doesn't impact anything else i do. im still go beast mode in the gym, active with the family, walks with the dogs, blah blah blah. hasn't made me lazy whatsoever, unless im actively baked of course.

but its not a one size fits all so i understand why some rather not touch it.
I have PTSD from rather traumatic experience that occurred a few years ago. Went to therapy and the nut jobs there tried to tell me I was bipolar, not the case at all. They put me on all kinds of meds and they seriously fucked me up mentally. The last therapy session I went to, the counselor mentioned off record that she has patients that have experimented with marijuana with great results so I started smoking....again. The difference was night and day. I stopped the anti-depressants cold turkey (not advised, this is sketchy as hell) and went to just smoking pot. Everything turned around with in a just a few weeks but I believe that most of that time frame was allowing my brain to get back to normal functioning mode from the constant changing of my meds that they prescribed.

Currently I am not smoking because work has started doing random testing and medical use has not been set forth in the state that reside in. I'm back to having breakdowns in the middle of the day at work and nightmares on average 3-5 times a week. The nightmares are no joke. There have been times that I have woke up in the floor punching the floor with everything I have, luckily I haven't broken any bones in my hand yet. Thankfully the current girlfriend understands what I deal with and doesn't judge me or freaks out when I have episodes late at night while she is staying the night, but I can imagine how unnerving it is.

I really wish there was a way that I could smoke without the fear of losing my job as I am a highly functioning user. It actually makes me focus more and I feel like I am more productive with it than without; not to mention I am able to sleep.
What kind of test do they do? If it's oral it is supposed to leave your saliva in 4hrs or so
Appreciate 0